Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Don't really know where to put this but.... would you please talk to me about long lasting lubricants suitable for sensitive souls? **TMI WARNING**

(11 Posts)
FigmentOfYourImagination Sun 21-Jun-09 19:32:55

DH and I use lubricant for handjobs (sorry to be graphic) and given that he is not particularly sensitive to chemical stuff it is ok to use any brands really (proper ones designed for the purpose, not just random slippery things like baby oil etc).

However, I am sensitive to chemical stuff and therefore they are not all compatible with me for penetrative sex purposes. I suffer irritation and generally end up with thrush. Not sexy.

Is there a lubricant which lasts a decent amount of time and is designed for people who are prone to chemical sensitivities?

FigmentOfYourImagination Sun 21-Jun-09 20:03:00

whomovedmychocolate Sun 21-Jun-09 20:08:34

Are you using condoms? If not Olive oil is normally okay for people who are sensitive. KY Jelly is supposed to be hypoallergenic.

KnickKnack Sun 21-Jun-09 20:18:25

Fig, there are several chemical free lubricants available. I can't remember the names at the moment, but I can find out on Tue or Wed

whomovedmychocolate Sun 21-Jun-09 20:29:16

www.ethicalsuperstore.com/products/yes/water-based-intimate-lubricant-75ml/

Or Vagisil Feminine Moisteriser here

FigmentOfYourImagination Sun 21-Jun-09 21:19:45

thanks girls.

No, we do not use condoms, so they do not have to be latex friendly

FigmentOfYourImagination Sun 21-Jun-09 21:21:21

I find KY Jelly doesn't last long enough. It seems to go watery very quickly

expatinscotland Sun 21-Jun-09 21:21:29

Astroglide

FigmentOfYourImagination Sun 21-Jun-09 21:26:48

Has anyone got experience of the paraben and glyceride free Astroglide ? It comes in a purple and green bottle.

I've seen recommendations for the original astroglide formula, looked it up and noticed that they do a 'sensitive' version (the green and purple packaging).

KnickKnack Thu 25-Jun-09 21:33:22

Higher Nature Sensuals V Gel

Claimax Pleasure Gel (sorry, can't find official website for this one)

Both are available in good health shops, and if they don't sell it, they will order one in for you.

sooz28 Tue 07-Jul-09 14:52:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now