Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Huzzah, another rite of passage for DD <hmm> - Tell me about verrucas...

(8 Posts)
TheFool Sun 21-Jun-09 18:50:27

Yay. hmm

Are we best of freezing the bugger with that stuff, or something else?

jabberwocky Sun 21-Jun-09 18:55:17

You can try that or duct tape

Yep, it's a real treatment.

sarah293 Sun 21-Jun-09 18:59:05

Message withdrawn

scienceteacher Sun 21-Jun-09 19:05:00

Ignore the verruca if you can.

You really don't want to kill it as the body many not have the chance to make the antibodies against the HPV, and another verruca will appear in the future.

We discovered a verruca on DD earlier this year and now it has turned black. She has put up with a couple of months of very mild discomfort (when she thinks about it).

TheFool Sun 21-Jun-09 19:22:26

I'm worried about it spreading to everyone else - random barefoot lessons in school, gymnastics is bare foot etc I can get her one of those sock things for swimming.

scienceteacher Sun 21-Jun-09 19:43:06

You don't need to worry about spreading it to others. By the time the verruca is evident, there will have been loads of opportunities to spread the virus. A case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

TheFool Sun 21-Jun-09 19:44:25

Oooh really? Like with measles n stuff?

blushingm Sun 21-Jun-09 21:22:04

my dd had one on her little toe - it was quite big and she's only just 3. Noticed it about 6 months ago and she's never let me near it... Went to visit my dad in london last week and strangely enough it just suddenly fell off shock but i've had mine for about 4 years now hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now