Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If you have Plantar Faciitis, get thee some Fitflops, pricey but omg, what a difference!

(14 Posts)
IDidntRaiseAThief Sun 21-Jun-09 12:56:19

thats it really. Ihave this foot problem, and bad back/pelvis/hips, form SPD. Was looking for something more supportive, with arch support. These are a joy to wear. I hated spending the money, but I got the £44 ones, and i love them.

sarah293 Sun 21-Jun-09 13:44:35

Message withdrawn

IDidntRaiseAThief Sun 21-Jun-09 13:54:55

hi, they are flip flops, they say they give the legs more of a workout than normal shoes.

I was looking into comfort wear, as birkenstocks don't help my foot prob as they are too flat.

2 days into wearing these and i already feel the difference.

IDidntRaiseAThief Sun 21-Jun-09 20:05:38

just spreading the love grin

naturalblonde Sun 21-Jun-09 20:10:39

my mum has this so i will pass the message on!

brimfull Sun 21-Jun-09 20:12:48

I have plantar fuckiitis

tis a real bugger

stretching the ligments is the real answer though

stand on stair and push your heel downwards to stretch the ligament

keep doing loads and loads

puffling Sun 21-Jun-09 20:14:54

I can't get my feet into them, poss. cos of my high instep. Find them really tight. Might have to invest in some used ones.

SoupDragon Sun 21-Jun-09 20:20:21

I doubt they'd fit me because I have long skinny feet. the blurb say "If you have a narrow foot or a low instep we recommend you go down a size if between sizes." Er no, because then they'd be too short hmm

blametheparents Sun 21-Jun-09 20:20:53

I have plantar faciitis.

It really bloody hurts and it is starting to get me down now. I love running and playing netball, but am suffering.

Saw some fitFlops in John Leiws on Friday and tried them on. they did feel good, but was reluctant to buy them in case they ended up hurting just as much as other sandals. agree that my Birkenstocks really hurt at the moment.
Might have to treat myself to a pair.

Another good treatment is to put a bottle of water in the freezer, and then roll foot across it to stretch it and ice it at the same time. My physio friend suggested this, and it is quite a common recommendation.

IDidntRaiseAThief Mon 22-Jun-09 08:11:54

gosh i'm amazed at how many of us have it, i mean, in that I recognise you all!

I am between sizes, so went to the 5. my sis has a high instep and she found it hard to get her foot into mine, yet she also has a foot a size and a half bigger, so she might fit her size.

the 6 on me fitted but were a tad sloppy, which would hav ebeen ok had they not cost 44 quid, but this defeated the object!

the woman said to take 20 paces round the shop, then check where my heel was sitting.

anyway, if it is possible i'd def say go for it. It's still smarting with me the price, as i am yuor regualr 2.99 flip flop person.!

i had my eye on some hush puppy sandals with a good archsupport but they were the same price.

Highlander Mon 22-Jun-09 09:45:54

Fit Flops are not suitable for over-pronators though.

I've got Sole platinum flips - they mould to your feet and have better arch support.

flier Mon 22-Jun-09 09:48:58

i've not got it but do have lower back pain. Have been thinking about getting them for a while now but they are a bit pricey

IDidntRaiseAThief Mon 22-Jun-09 09:59:51

higjlander, what is over pronating? will have a look at those you reccommended.

IDidntRaiseAThief Mon 22-Jun-09 10:05:27

ah just googled, this is what my duaghter has, tho i didn't know the correct term. She has (as have I slightly) hypermobility too, and has special corrective shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now