Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

morning after pill:when to take

(17 Posts)
hazlinh Fri 13-May-05 04:44:21

within what sort of time frame must you take the morning after pill? and when is the best time of day to take it? and what can i expect after taking it?help!had an accident about five hours ago, have got me a morning after pill but what do i do now?

lljkk Fri 13-May-05 06:17:13

Take it now, read this .

hazlinh Fri 13-May-05 06:31:50

thanks

lljkk Fri 13-May-05 07:17:26

Good luck, it made me feel ill for a few days after I took it.

hazlinh Fri 13-May-05 12:20:34

hi
so far so good, dont feel ill or nauseaus or anything

(er hope its working)

loobywoof Mon 16-May-05 21:55:59

Bad Episiotomy - please help. Asked doctor to look at my undercarriage at postnatal check because knew things were not right. Had episiotomy 7 weeks ago (due to forcep delivery) and I still cannot sit down for a wee as it stings too much over the raw skin. Also still a bit sore to sit down. Doctor agreed it hasn't healed properly and has given me antibiotics to try but thinks I will have to be referred. Please can anyone tell me if they were repaired successfully and how bad the recovery was as I am terrified of the can't sit down, can't walk, hurts all the time stage again. Also how long did you have to wait to be fixed? Have read some previous posting of women who thought things were fine until they tried to have sex but this is different because I am too sore to even think about it still so don't know what damage there is inside at all. Please help. I am really upset about all this as this has spoilt the experience of what was otherwise a more positive birth experience for me after a previous c-section.

loobywoof Mon 16-May-05 21:56:36

opps sorry.wrong thread

aloha Mon 16-May-05 21:57:31

Loobywoof - why no start your own thread with a relevant heading, then people who have experience can help you. I had two sections so am no help at all.

loobywoof Mon 16-May-05 22:07:36

Thanks - have done so.

sparklymieow Mon 16-May-05 22:10:41

took the morning after pill last week, on day 14 of my cycle (whoops) and hope its worked.

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 16-May-05 22:14:26

We had an accident about 3 weeks back and started a thread on it. I got it 30 hours after and felt fine up until the nxt day when I had the runs really bad.

Was gutted when my AF arrived though???

hazlinh Tue 17-May-05 08:27:14

hi there, what's AF?

was really severely ill yesterday, with the runs, was on the toilet almost all night. and had really bad headaches the whole day yesterday..am also having quite a heavy and long period, well it seems long and heavy to me cos i normally have very scant bleeding with the minipill

Toothache Tue 17-May-05 08:32:19

hazlinh - AF = Aunty Flo.... or Period!

Definitely sounds like the MAP has worked for you. I've taken it 4 times in my life. First time I felt SO sick and tired I just wanted to sleep for days. Then I had a really heavy bleed too. Don't know what that meant, but know that I'm fine and I didn't get pregnant.

WideWebWitch Tue 17-May-05 08:34:02

within 72 hours. It's not 100% though.

acnebride Tue 17-May-05 08:36:48

sorry you had a rough time with it hazlinh.

MAP in the past used to be two hormones and that was when it caused loads of nausea - in recent years it's been reformulated to contain only progestogen, and it should no longer cause nausea, nor does it damage an established pregnancy. all that was probably in the link but i read about it in the papers this weekend and realised why it was such a different experience in 1990 and 2003! best of luck.

hazlinh Tue 17-May-05 08:59:18

thanks folks!

toothache, 4 times?? wow

i felt like you did, the first time.. i just felt like sleeping forever yesterday, barely made it through work ... had to go through a bl*y 600-page report..(i should have pulled a sickie) and left work early, drove home in a groggy state and promptly fell asleep!!! at 4.30pm!!!dh came back at 6pm and was vaguely amused to find me in bed so early!! only woke up at 7.30am the next day!! felt like i had rocks in my head!!am a bit better today tho..

Toothache Tue 17-May-05 13:23:13

Yeah 4!

1st time, 17 - just stupid.
2nd time, 19 - burst condom
3rd time, 20 - burst condom
4th time,23 - Ds was 8mths old and DH and I got a bit drunk.... nuff said eh?

Don't intend to use it again as I've had the mirena fitted. Marvellous device.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now