Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My friend had a fit this morning and has never had one before

(6 Posts)
MadameCheese Sat 20-Jun-09 18:05:13

Her sister is epileptic, is this significant?

She has 4 children and I've offered to drive them around to their various groups/activities etc. Can you think of anything else I could do to help?

belgo Sat 20-Jun-09 18:12:52

Is she being checked out by the hospital?

The only thing you can do to help is babysit if needed, or take them a home made meal for the family.

MadameCheese Sat 20-Jun-09 18:17:54

Yes she had a scan etc and is home now. Her parents are with the children at present.

MadameCheese Sat 20-Jun-09 18:22:15

TBH I suspect a food rota will be arranged anyway, we've done it before but that tends to be for adults not children too hmm

mummypig Sat 20-Jun-09 18:23:20

You sound like you will be a great help. Based on my experience with my sister and with ds2, she will probably be quite tired. If it happened to me, I would also be worried that there might be another one on the way.

Tell her about the NSE forum - I found it a great help when ds2 started having seizures. The medics will only see part of the picture (what caused the seizure, how likely is it that she will have any more, how can they control them) but not really think about how she can cope from day to day. Other people with epilepsy (or whose partners or children have E) will be much more help on the practical questions.

here it is

MadameCheese Sun 21-Jun-09 19:20:59

Thanks very much mummypig, very helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now