Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

foreskin query

(6 Posts)
moonunit Thu 12-May-05 21:58:45

my ds is 3.5years old, a friend asked me if i had started pulling his foreskin back yet, she said you need to start doing this otherwise it will get too tight, i have never done it, should i be doing this?

Gobbledigook Thu 12-May-05 21:59:39

Don't think so - I don't touch it!!

marthamoo Thu 12-May-05 22:01:35

Nope, leave it alone! He can be taught to wash underneath it very gently in the bath but don't go trying to pull it back if it doesn't want to come. I think you only have to start to be concerned around age 5 if it doesn't retract easily.

QueenEagle Thu 12-May-05 22:06:20

No definitely leave alone.

Have you observed him doing a wee? If the end of the penis "balloons" as he wees or the wee sprays like a watering can or even the direction/angle of urine is askew then there may be problems.

leahbump Thu 12-May-05 22:11:00

my dh was circumsised really early (about 2.5) because - we think his foreskin was tight and his mum didn't leave it alone. He really wishes he had been left alone....as there was no problem in weeing etc etc and we now know having a ds that you really should leave boys alone and if you think weeing is problematic you should not try and sort it yourself but go to a dr!

It's really best to leave it for now- if he has no problem weeing!

moonunit Thu 12-May-05 22:24:41

thanks for the replies, he does'nt have a problem with weeing, so i will gladly leave it alone, i did'nt like the idea of it, but thought i would check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now