Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

chest pain when breathing in and out - pleurisy?

(7 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 19-Jun-09 18:06:48

One of those pointless and trivial complaints really but I like to know wink
I've had a cold this week. Just an ordinary non-feverish (apart from one night) cold with general coughing and snottiness. Only felt properly rough one day.
Today I'm feeling a bit light headed, coughing but not badly at all. But for a couple of hours now when I breathe in (or out) I get a sharp pain on the right hand side, mid height chest.
I don't need a doctor as I don't feel poorly, just sore. So pleurisy maybe, or pulled muscle (didn't notice it happening) or just plain over-thinking-things-get-on-with-life-you-silly-lady thing?

cocolepew Fri 19-Jun-09 18:10:46

My DB was taken to hospital with suspected pleurisy, he'd actually broken a rib and pulled muscles coughing. If it doesn't stop I would see a DR, my friend had pleurisy and it took weeks to clear up.

oopsacoconut Fri 19-Jun-09 18:12:49

If you has pleurisy you would definitely know about it. When I had it I had a high fever, was chilly, dry cough and could barely breathe in without doubling over in pain. Could you have pulled a muscle whilst coughing?

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 19-Jun-09 18:14:30

Oh crumbs - well I've been coughing nothing like as hard enough for that. I bet the reality is that I just twisted oddly or something like that. I will see a doctor if it doesnt improve though. I've taken some nurofen now which should help loads I'm sure.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 19-Jun-09 18:15:10

oops - I bet you are right. I'm nothing like that!!!

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 19-Jun-09 18:15:27

I'm a bit blush for asking now!

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 19-Jun-09 18:16:14

In fact I feel very silly lol!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now