Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Just started Atkins - Know any recipies

(5 Posts)
wog Fri 02-May-03 19:49:03

Hi just started Atkins yesterday and was wondering if anyone knew any good recipies on it.

bunny2 Sat 03-May-03 17:15:08

Dont want you to feel ignored Wog! Cant help you much though Im afraid, I tried the diet and had loads of sugar free jelly and steak with melted cheese on top. Yummy. Good luck.

Furball Sat 03-May-03 20:39:57

Have you got this? , if not there are some good low carb web sites Here , and Here

Enjoy!

Dinny Sat 03-May-03 22:15:12

Have any fish-eating non-meat eaters (?!) attempted Atkins? Is it do-able if you don't eat meat?

JayTree Sun 04-May-03 07:10:46

loads of homemade spicy chicken burgers with real mayo and salad (just minced chicken and spices bound together with a little chopped onion and a beaten egg). Omelettes are a useful stand by when you can’t be bothered to do anything flash. We also had a lot of bbqs in summer and roasts in winter. We used to make a decent pudding with sugar free jelly and cream whipped through it to make blancmange - sounds yuck, tastes ok. When you start to add veg, shepherds pie topped with carrot and parsnip mash is a good one, or mashed cauliflower is good alternative to potato. Good luck.
I cannot imagine any pectarians (?!!) managing the atkins - it would be so restrictive that you might cope for a few weeks but would feel really bored by the limited veg and fruit.
Atkins worked for us as we lost loads of weight a few years ago but gave up as I missed fruit and veg and it terrible things to my gut... however, not bad for a quick fix and plenty of people have long term success. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: