Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What the heck????? This has just come on!

(9 Posts)
Lovemyshoes Thu 18-Jun-09 13:41:30

I've felt fine all day, all of a sudden my neck at the left hand side has started hurting (got worse over last 1/2 hour), I feel clammy and my throat feels like sandpaper and I have a headache (which has been coming and going all day)

I am tired as I've not been sleeping too well, so don't know if this has had any effect on me.

JackBauer Thu 18-Jun-09 14:40:45

Are your glands up? Can you feel them under your jawbone? Sounds like you have a headcold coming on, being rundown makes them come on very suddenly for me.
Paracetemol and take to your bed/sofa if you can.

Lovemyshoes Fri 19-Jun-09 21:40:31

My glands don't feel up, I don't know whether it is because i'm not sleeping.

Everywhere I have gone today my legs have felt like lead weights. I'm going to bed soon.

Sycamoretreeisvile Fri 19-Jun-09 21:47:48

Oh god, this happened to me last week and I was convinced it wast swine flu blush

It was actually tonsilitis - needed antibiotics but I also had major flu symptoms, chills, aches, sweats etc.

Had 3 full days off work which is very unlike me.

Hope you feel better soon but look at your throat in the morning and if you can see any white stuff on the back of it near your tonsils, get thee to the Dr's asap.

Lovemyshoes Fri 19-Jun-09 21:50:20

Thanks, sycamoretreeisville, It can't be tonsilitis as I had them taken out when I was 4.

kitkatqueen Fri 19-Jun-09 21:51:02

Loads of people round here with similar symptoms, Tonsilitus needing antibiotics - kids seem to get it v mildly adults are all in bed with antibiotics...

Agree totally with sycamore

Sycamoretreeisvile Fri 19-Jun-09 21:57:41

Lovemyshoes - you can still get it even though your tonsils are out....My DH has had his out but still got it a couple of years ago - just not as bad as he used to...

treedelivery Fri 19-Jun-09 21:59:54

Am living through this myself. Have been whining posting all day. Its the pits. My temp has been impressively high.

Hav enot gone to dr as didn't want to have ab as bf. Oh will I regret this?

kitkatqueen Fri 19-Jun-09 22:05:54

tree - there are antibiotics that you can take whilst breastfeeding, the amounts in the milk are pretty small and if you get too sick you are not going to be much use to your bubs. Breast feeding network used to have a list of drugs during breastfeeding on their website hope everyone is feeling better soon and my scratchy throat and sore head aren't this...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now