Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Run out of contraceptive pill - advice please!

(8 Posts)
marthamoo Thu 12-May-05 14:37:10

Should have started the new pack yesterday but had managed to run out without realising. Made an appointment with my GP for tomorrow (so by the time I get my prescription I will have missed two days). How long do I have to use additional contraception for? Is it 7 days into the new packet?

I'm sorted for condoms 'cos when I went to the FPC after missing a pill to get the morning after pill she gave me "a week's" supply of condoms - fourteen of the things. PMSL

Blimey, I sound hopeless don't I? Having kids sends you scatty.

yoyo Thu 12-May-05 14:38:17

It will tell you on the info leaflet with the pills.

TracyK Thu 12-May-05 14:39:26

I've got an emergency supply from FPC or Boots in the past. FPC dole them out and Boots called my docs for confirmation. I said I was on holiday and had run out.

kid Thu 12-May-05 14:39:47

yes 7 days to be on the safe side. Do you need to see the Dr? My Dr can leave a prescription for me after I speak to them over the phone for a 3 month supply but then I have to go and get my blood pressure checked before they will give me anymore.

WigWamBam Thu 12-May-05 14:40:13

Some chemists will let you have a small supply of pills if you take your empty box and go and explain the situation. My sister has had to do this before, and they gave her three or four days supply, just until she saw the GP.

marthamoo Thu 12-May-05 14:41:31

They won't give it to me without seeing me as my BP can be a bit flaky. It's my own silly fault - could have gone to FPC but it's always packed out with teenagers and it makes me feel ancient!

marthamoo Thu 12-May-05 14:42:39

Useful to know about the chemist giving you a tiding-over supply (for future reference) though, thanks.

justmummy Fri 13-May-05 12:12:00

Lol at 'a week's' supply - fourteen!

That's more like a year's supply (well for me anyway)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now