Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chest pains - when should you go to the doc?

(5 Posts)
EldonAve Wed 17-Jun-09 23:05:46

I've been having a few chest pains lately but not sure if I need to see the GP or not

If I see the GP what should I expect them to do re investigation?

steviesgirl Thu 18-Jun-09 00:19:30

You shouldn't really be having chest pains tbh. I would go and see the GP asap to get yourself checked out. Could be angina and occasionally heart trouble.

lowrib Thu 18-Jun-09 00:41:44


Or at least call NHS direct 08454647.
You can ask them what the Dr will do.

They are there to help.

We are so very lucky to have the NHS there for all fo us, for free. It's there to be used, it's for you!!!! Use it, please!

EldonAve Thu 18-Jun-09 08:12:59

thanks, will make a GP appt

MerryPonymum Thu 18-Jun-09 08:26:34

I definitely would go to the docs, as I did with mine, but there's no need to fear the worst! There are many common causes of chest pains and heart trouble is only one.
Stress for example can cause chest pains, or muscular/rib spasms. If they are fleeting sharp pains rather than a dull, prolonged vice-like feeling in the centre of the chest then non-cardiac causes are more likely.

But do go to the docs to get that weight off your chest (no pun intended!) good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now