Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Umm I seem to be growing a bollock [TMI]

(37 Posts)
whomovedmychocolate Wed 17-Jun-09 22:39:33

I noticed this morning. I seem to have a big lump along the hedge in my lady garden. Possibly a molehill.

Am taking it to the doctor in the morning to be poked examined.

Anyone else had a marble sized lump appear overnight and grow during the course of the day? I did wonder if it was another incisional hernia (I had a massive one which was repaired with a mesh last year) but this is in a different place but not far from my cs scar.

wobbegong Wed 17-Jun-09 22:47:18

Sounds like a hernia to me.
Expect to be asked to cough a lot tomorrow morning.

beaniebaby25 Wed 17-Jun-09 22:49:00

it could be a gland that's come up, signifying an infection somewhere? I had this once in my lady garden. blush

whomovedmychocolate Wed 17-Jun-09 22:50:08

Oh deep joy, shouldn't be hard, I already have a cold. My last hernia was the size of a football - it was major. This is tiny in comparison. I don't understand why something so small could hurt so much! hmm

AitchTwoOh Wed 17-Jun-09 22:50:26

bartholin's cyst? alien pregnancy? [hr giger]

whomovedmychocolate Wed 17-Jun-09 22:51:14

Bit big to be a gland - and growing with exertion which is unusual with infections although I have got a major rash from being bitten by fecking insects in the last 48 hours. So it could be an immune reaction I guess. Ooh that'd be marvelous because it might just go away on it's own!

Pan Wed 17-Jun-09 22:51:51

"Umm I seem to be growing a bollock.." are you Abetadad?grin

whomovedmychocolate Wed 17-Jun-09 22:52:13

Alien pregnancy - I did sit on DD's alien nightlight the other day Aitch grin

whomovedmychocolate Wed 17-Jun-09 22:52:45

No, that would be 'I seem to have mislaid my bollocks' Pan grin

theDreadPirateRoberts Wed 17-Jun-09 22:53:32

ROFL @ Pan

Sympathy @ WMMC - with an award for best thread title of the evening grin

Pan Wed 17-Jun-09 22:55:12

Seriuosly WMMC - sounds pretty much like a hernia. Pressure on a membrane has led to a breach at a weakened point of a tissue wall. Not serious to deal with. Likely to be associated wit hyour previous in some way and to be meshed again. Dr Pan has diagnosed.

HelloBeastie Wed 17-Jun-09 22:58:24

I was thinking what Aitch said, Bartholin's cyst.

'Along the hedge in my lady garden' is not the most precise description! grin Is it literally where a bollock would be?

EyeballsandherSunburntNorks Wed 17-Jun-09 22:59:59

Would it be unsympathetic to PMSL @ title?

whomovedmychocolate Wed 17-Jun-09 23:00:16

Why thank you Dr Pan.

I did build a lot of walls last week, perhaps I have done damage (again). Duh! Sadly can't be meshed though - too far down. Would have to be an open repair as have mesh covering 65% of abdomen below naval (yep the last one was a whopper.) Can't risk going any lower in case I ever need surgical access apparently - oh and the fact there is a bloody great pubic bone right there which would stop a mesh healing I would think. GP is going to love me for this one. hmm

Iknowwhatyouvegotithink Wed 17-Jun-09 23:00:52

Is it a papilloma. I got it when I was pregnant. Nice for me.... It'll be gone soon.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 17-Jun-09 23:03:48

Don't think it is. I don't have HPV and it's not visible on the skin. There is nothing at all on the skin, papilloma's normally have bubbled edges which are visible on the skin itself. But good namechange. wink

thell Wed 17-Jun-09 23:06:17

My fave thread title of all time.

<hands over big shiny trophy>

no idea about what's growing in your lady garden though - seriously hope it's not a molehill. fingers crossed for you

Pan Wed 17-Jun-09 23:06:41

in that case sutering will be messy and vulnerable to tearing again, I'm afraid. There is a method of mixing the two procedures but it will rely on you never having 'rough sex' ever again....your physician will advise.....and laugh behind your back.grin

whomovedmychocolate Wed 17-Jun-09 23:08:25

As if I ever did Pan. sad

My GP regularly laughs at me - he thought the whole H1N1 fiasco hilarious that I didn't bother to call for help. hmm

MamaG Wed 17-Jun-09 23:17:19

WMMC that is a fantastic thread title. So sorry that you're in pain but you can console yourself wiht hte title-magnificence

whomovedmychocolate Thu 18-Jun-09 10:27:34

Why I thank you MamaG - I strive to beat your tick related post at all times grin

Actually just been to the doc. Woke up this morning with three identical lumps shock All blooming painful. It's an autoimmune reaction apparently to mossie bites elsewhere on my body hmm. They will hopefully go away in a week.

thell Thu 18-Jun-09 15:42:29

wtf?
aren't our bodies weird hmm

PuppyMonkey Thu 18-Jun-09 15:45:50

Ouch! I'm sorry I couldn't resist a nose at your thread with such a wonderful title even though I knew I would have no advice to offer. Hope you get better soon. smile

whomovedmychocolate Thu 18-Jun-09 17:40:26

Four now, and I have a matching pair of faux bollocks plus one lump in each armpit. angry

theDreadPirateRoberts Thu 18-Jun-09 19:55:03

Are you quite sure it's not just bubonic plague? [helpful]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now