Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone have experience of angioplasty ???

(7 Posts)
clumsymum Wed 17-Jun-09 20:20:26

My BIL had an angioplasty procedure last week, where they inserted 2 stents into veins (or arteries, not sure which).

He stayed in hosp overnight, and apart from bruising in an extensive area around his groin where they went in, he's been fine.

But in the last 24 hours or so he's suffering a lot of indigestion, heartburn type, downing Gaviscon like there is no tomorrow. BIL blames it on a side effect of his meds.

Now I know that a heartburn feeling can sometimes actually signal minor heart-attack. My Mum is out with my sis & Bil atm, and she's a bit worried, rang me on her mobile from the ladies loo to ask me about it.

Anyone here have any experience, should we be worried ??

clumsymum Wed 17-Jun-09 20:32:25

bump

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 17-Jun-09 20:35:28

Is the gaviscon working? does it stop the 'heartburn'?

if not get him to a hospital and get him assessed.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Wed 17-Jun-09 21:59:47

I would get him checked over TBH.

clumsymum Thu 18-Jun-09 09:06:21

Bloody men.

When my mother suggested last night that he might see his Dr today, he gave her a mouthful (I don't think my sis was much better).

Wouldn't mind, but it was my mother's birthday.

Highlander Thu 18-Jun-09 12:32:45

DH is an interventional cardiologist - he must have an ECG with those symptoms. if your BIL won't go to the Chest pain Assesment Unit (or equivalnet), phone the consultant and get the consultant to phone your BIL.

clumsymum Thu 18-Jun-09 13:19:06

he has spoken to his consultant on the phone, who has sent him to get some antacids from the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now