Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flu - what to do?

(5 Posts)
idontlikehaggis Wed 17-Jun-09 14:59:33

I have had flu for nearly 2 weeks now - seemed to get better & has now come back worse than ever. I have absolutely no energy & am shivering all the time although its not cold. GP not interested. What should I do?

Hulababy Wed 17-Jun-09 15:01:31

Phoned NHS Direct?
Try another GP.

Have you been swapped just incase?

Flu really shouldn't be displaying such symptoms for two weeks IME surely? So I would def push to be checked.

idontlikehaggis Wed 17-Jun-09 15:05:07

I tried NHS 24 (im in Scotland) but they said as I hadnt been abroad & hadnt knowingly been in contact with anyone with swineflu it was unlikely. I thought they wee right but am feeling so crap & I have had flu jab so I'm worried now

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 17-Jun-09 17:25:56

I think they must make it up as they go along! There is a good size outbreak of novel h1n1 in Scotland. People don't exactly have to travel far now to get to a cluster! There isn't much seasonal flu about so if its flu its likely to be to be the novel strain. Could be something else of course, lots of viruses cause very flu like symptoms. I think you need to pester someone as you aren't improving.

expatinscotland Wed 17-Jun-09 17:31:20

We had confirmed swine flu and it didn't take 2 weeks to go away.

You may have gotten two back to back viruses and that's why you're feeling rubbish again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now