Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lower back pain . . . . endo? Any sufferers about?

(2 Posts)
mortica Wed 17-Jun-09 13:38:25

Hi all, hope you are all well.

I have been on and off contraception since 16 (now 34) but had implant removed last year and nothing since. In November last year i started getting bad low back pain sometimes radiating to hips and abdo. Was diagnosed with small ovarian cyst and slight prolapse. Back back gets worse just before period due. Struggle to walk, sit and stand. Exercise is no go. Sex painful and then im in discomfort for a few days after.

Periods are regular(ish). Bad period pain bad on first day but then light. Period on heavy on first day. No bleeding in between.

At the moment im taking ibruprofen and paracetamol (alternating) but it not doing alot tbh.

Any ideas or advice?????

BodenGroupie Thu 18-Jun-09 15:37:27

Get back to the doctors. Are they monitoring your cyst to see if there's any growth? Keep a diary of what happens on which day as it's quite difficult to remember it all.

I'm having one removed, plus the ovary, followed by endometrial ablation for suddenly heavy and frequent periods next week?

Best of luck, this sort of thing can really make you feel low.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now