Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Insulin - anyone heard of this one?

(7 Posts)
Gobbledigook Thu 12-May-05 11:29:53

It sounds like 'detamere' or something similar but can't find anything in BNF or when I google but keeps cropping up in the work I'm doing (listening to interviews so it's not written). All I know is it's a long acting insulin.

HELP - anyone know what it is?

hoxtonchick Thu 12-May-05 11:52:42

nope! hmmm, there aren't many long acting insulins really. insulatard & glargine are the most commonly used ones...

Gobbledigook Thu 12-May-05 11:53:51

That's it - 2 people have now mentioned this Detamere (that's how it sounds) but I'm only aware of Insulatard and Lantus.

hoxtonchick Thu 12-May-05 11:55:44

ok, i've found it now in the bnf. detemir, recombinant human insulin analogue — long acting. it's made by novo & the trade name is levemir. hth.

hoxtonchick Thu 12-May-05 11:56:14

have you got the bnf online gdg, it's much better & easier to search.

WigWamBam Thu 12-May-05 11:56:15

Detemir

Gobbledigook Thu 12-May-05 12:06:04

Oh brilliant, thank you both! How did I miss it?! Mind you, my BNF is a bit old! No, not got it online - maybe I should but I can usually work out most drug names!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now