Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cervical biopsy info please anyone?

(1 Post)
HolyGuacamole Tue 16-Jun-09 23:35:31

I had a biopsy for abnormal cells done about a month or so ago, at which time the doctor at the hospital made another appointment for me to go back (this Thursday coming). She said I'd need (heat probe) treatment and the only reasons I got the biopsy instead of treatment at the time was 1. that I was going on holiday soon after and she didn't want to risk infection on hols etc and 2. that I'm terrified of any medical procedure.

So anyway, long story short, I got a letter back the other day saying that the biopsy was clear and that no further treatment is necessary. However the letter says that I have to keep my appointment on Thursday.

Does anyone have experience of this? Will I still maybe have to get treatment even although the letter says none is needed (was wondering if it is maybe a system generated letter or something)? Or maybe something else is wrong?

I know I should just have called the hospital and asked but I am a complete wuss blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now