Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

lump on 8 month ds's neck

(11 Posts)
ruty Thu 12-May-05 08:46:59

he's always had two little glands at the base of his skull on either side, but this lump is lower than the normal gland on the left side of his neck. Could it be another gland thats come up? He's not unwell, no temp, just wondering if i should take him to doc. Its quite largish, a bit bigger than the normal gland. Bit worried.

fastasleep Thu 12-May-05 08:49:28

Health visitors and doctors are there for going to when you're worried... and you won't be wasting your time if it's nothing because it'll put your mind at rest!

fastasleep Thu 12-May-05 08:49:42

I hope he's ok xxx

ruty Thu 12-May-05 08:50:41

might make an appt todat. Just wondering if any one else's babes had something similar.

fastasleep Thu 12-May-05 08:52:27

Mine's had no lumpy bits, I'm sure someone's will have had though!

elibelly Thu 12-May-05 08:55:30

my ds got something like this when he was about 11 months. It was huge and we were worried, it was only a gland though. He was well at the time but apparently in small children glands can stay enlarged for ages after a virus etc.

Definitely go to your GP though it's best to have it checked by someone experienced.

ruty Thu 12-May-05 09:13:21

did it go down elibelly? my Ds hasn't had a virus that i can think of, last had a cold about 2 months ago. will go to doc.

elibelly Thu 12-May-05 10:29:07

yes it did go down eventually, he had it for about 6 weeks though.

foxinsocks Thu 12-May-05 10:41:58

my ds had this gland come up after he had the first MMR. It stayed for well over a year and everytime he had a cold or other bug it would get even bigger. It's worth getting it checked out - our GP didn't refer us to anyone but we had another friend who had exactly the same thing who was referred to a paed.

ruty Thu 12-May-05 11:09:42

he hasn't had any jabs so very puzzling. going now to docs, going away tomorrow so getting an emergency appt.

elibelly Thu 12-May-05 11:17:45

good luck, hope it's only a gland

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now