Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My feet are hideous!

(5 Posts)
ladyofshallots Tue 16-Jun-09 18:33:41

I have a large verruca on my foot, which I've had for four years and have tried various treatments to no avail. Now another one has appeared next to it.

As if that wasn't enough, I have a yellow toenail which is coming away from the nail bed and is filled with black gunk (sorry I know this is disgusting).

I am pregnant and on my feet all day and can't put up with these awful feet anymore. What's the best thing to do?

Thegreenfliesareonme Tue 16-Jun-09 21:43:53

Definitely go to a chiropodist - free treatment when pregnant I think? Your gp will refer you.

ladyofshallots Tue 16-Jun-09 22:11:58

Thanks, was wondering if you could get a referral through the gp or if you had to go privately.

PerfectPrefect Tue 16-Jun-09 22:14:18

Banana skin will sort out the verucca within a month or so (fleshy side against verucca; held on with plaster; change after 24 hrs. After a week or 2 the verucca will start to lift up and physically seperate from the healthy skin. After another couple of weeks it will literally drop off).

Thegreenfliesareonme Wed 17-Jun-09 20:54:25

More natural cures - garlic or vinegar - ooh, you'd smell lovely grin

I've also heard if you paint it with nail varnish that works too. When my dcs had veruccas, the gp's practice nurse zapped them with dry ice (?), don't think they do it now though. You could try this which costs about a tenner.

Hope you find something that works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now