Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is there anything you can do to help bones heal quicker ??

(6 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Tue 16-Jun-09 17:44:56

Hi, my future sister in law is getting married in 2 months time and has just broken her foot. She is dredding hopping down the isle. sad I'm wondering if there is anything that could be done to speed up the healing process? Calcium tablets maybe?
If you have any ideas, please let me know. smile

PerfectPrefect Tue 16-Jun-09 17:46:26

REST

<I think that 6 weeks for a foot depending on which bone(s) will be stong enough to walk without splint/cast>

mummyloveslucy Tue 16-Jun-09 19:39:53

Thanks. She is really fed up at the moment. I want to give her some positive info. smile

ellymae Tue 16-Jun-09 19:56:19

my DH broke one of the bones in his leg just above the ankle some years ago and at one point it looked like they were going to have to pin it. Fortunately they didn't which may just be down to good fortune on his part but he did take some homeopathic tablets to help as well...

I can't remember the name of them but I got them in Boots and they specifically stated that they were good for bones and bone injuries. Sorry I can't remember the name but I guess you could try and google it or check out the guidebook that they usually have on the shop shelf alongside the homeopathic medicines

girlandboy Tue 16-Jun-09 19:58:58

There's also a herbal remedy called Knitbone that is supposed to help to........knit the bones.grin

mummyloveslucy Wed 17-Jun-09 20:12:31

Thanks, that's great. I'll let her know. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now