Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Awkward or constipated poo - top tip for getting it out.

(7 Posts)
Doodle2u Tue 16-Jun-09 13:34:19

So, you're there, straining away, with palms pressed against the walls on either side of you and face red with effort.....here's what you do:-

get the childrens step (you know, the one they used to use for reaching the sink) or similar, and put your feet on it. Draw your knees together. Think 'Pixie look' IYKWIM grin

I don't know why it works - maybe it just gets apature, pipe and posture all lined up correctly or summat but anyway, poo comes straight out like a hare out of the trap.

Just sharing useful life-tip info.....grinblush

KnitterInTheNW Tue 16-Jun-09 13:40:25

I discovered this for myself a long time ago. Tis true!

Doodle2u Tue 16-Jun-09 13:51:09

Well now Knitter, I'm tempted to ask HOW did you discover it? grin

My DD had left the step near the loo and I just needed to change position because me bum-cheeks had gone numb.

KnitterInTheNW Tue 16-Jun-09 14:00:58

Ummm, I used to be a live in nanny. On an extended visit to the toilet one day I spotted the step and thought it'd be more comfy as I had a book and would be able to rest my elbows on my legs and sit up straighter. Hey presto, out it popped! (Or plopped...grin

KnitterInTheNW Tue 16-Jun-09 14:02:01

oops, forgot the closing bracket. Here it is. )

BellaNoir Wed 17-Jun-09 23:21:18

Oh gosh, yes it does work doesn't it. This is the advice given to women post-hyst; due the various rummaging around, disturbance, lack of food plus GA and air, bowels do not want to move.
Also they suggested saying "idge" which probably produces the pixie look!
Peppermint tea helpful as is dulcoease (less use when in postition though IYSWIW)

Doodle2u Thu 18-Jun-09 22:30:53

Bella - I wish I'd known about it after giving birth, especially DS who was my first. I was supping that lactulose stuff like there was no tomorrow but still I ended up with what I can only describe as a 'plug'. I also had a three degree tear which, not to put too fine a point on it, extended up me bum so I was scared shwitless of that first poo! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now