Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Strange spots / rash in DD's armpit. What could it be?

(8 Posts)
blametheparents Tue 16-Jun-09 13:07:17

DD is 4 yo and has got quite a number of spots under her arm. They look a bit like chicken pox spots, but it can't be that as she had very bad chicken pox a while ago. The exten from the top of her right arm down and into her armpit, none under her left arm or anywhere else. They don't really seem to be bothering her, but I just wondered if I should take her to the doctor's?
Any ideas?

Seona1973 Tue 16-Jun-09 13:10:08

molluscum contagiosum maybe? Do they look a bit warty?

Rhubarb Tue 16-Jun-09 13:11:52

We need a better description of them. Are they whiteish with the surrounding area red?

blametheparents Tue 16-Jun-09 13:14:11

No, the spots are red. No white in the them.

I will google molluscum contagiosum to see a picture.

Seona1973 Tue 16-Jun-09 13:16:07

ds's molluscum are mainly skin coloured and look a bit like warts/skin tags.

blametheparents Tue 16-Jun-09 13:16:19

No, i would say they don't look like that. They are flatter, and not warty.
darn, I can see a trip to the doctor's coming. Too hot to be sitting in a surgery waiting for an appointment!

Rhubarb Tue 16-Jun-09 13:21:26

Here are all the guises of heat rash. With her having it under her arm, I'd say this is the most likely culprit.

blametheparents Tue 16-Jun-09 13:29:28

Yes, you are probably right, esp as she lays that side in bed so she must get hotter there than anywhere else.
I will keep an eye on it though. She is well in herself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now