Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone else just feel sh!t in this weather?

(7 Posts)
blondissimo Tue 16-Jun-09 07:16:09

I'm really sorry - I know it is awful when people complain about the lovely sunshine - I do love it really, but it's the way I feel that annoys me.
Bad hayfever, constant sneezing, itchy eyes, blocked nose, headaches and general grogginess and lethargy.
I bought some Piriteze but am afraid to take it in case it makes me feel more sleepy.
Anyone out there feel the same? Or do you have a miracle cure?

Yes but I still love the sunshine`, there are lots of anti-histamines out there that don't cause drowsiness.

chim000 Tue 16-Jun-09 07:20:15

God yes, thankfully my wonderful doctor has sorted me out!

I had a couple fo weeks where all I wanted to do was sleep, had no energy whatsoever. Went to my gp who prescribed me some strong anti-histamines, some fluoxetine for my nose, and opti-crom for my eyes. The opti-crom is the most amazing stuff ever. \now I can get on with my days and enjoy this weather.

It can all be bought over the counter if you don't get free prescriptions.

PortAndLemon Tue 16-Jun-09 07:21:44

I combine a non-drowsy antihistamine (cetirizine), a steroid nasal spray (Beconase) and eyedrops (sodium cromoglicate). As long as I remember to use all of them I feel human again; the trouble is I get lax about it when we have a rainy couple of days and the symptoms die down, so that then I get hit for six again when the sun comes out and all the plants release their pollen in a frenzy of excitement.

blondissimo Tue 16-Jun-09 07:28:14

Thanks Chim000 - I get free prescritions for about another month or so - guess I better get myself an appointment! I think the Piriteze says it is non drowsy, but antihistimines always make me feel a bit weird. Forgot to say also that my chest is really tight - just to add to the misery - had asthma as a child, but not suffered for years - think I might need to steal my ds's inhaler.....blush
Glad to hear these positive stories!

chim000 Tue 16-Jun-09 07:55:32

I'm just washing up and realised fluoxetine is the stuff I used to take for my asthma. The nasal spray I have is flixonase.

sarah293 Tue 16-Jun-09 08:28:56

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now