Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long after birth did your periods return? Worried it's been too long!

(4 Posts)
Daisydaydream Mon 15-Jun-09 14:25:48

Hello, My DS is 14 months now and my periods haven't returned. I was breast feeding for 6 months, but stopped that 8 months ago now. I thought they would have returned by now. I occasionally get cramp type pains and think that one is on it's way, but nothing! However, I do still get small drops of milk from my breasts, so could it be to do with this? Do you think I should be concerned, was thinking about going to my GP, but wanted to see if it's normal first.

WowOoo Mon 15-Jun-09 14:29:05

Got mine after about 8 months. Was still bfeeding.

No help really! Am sure it's normal though. My sisters didn't come back until a year. I would enjoy it while you can. Sure it's nothing to worry about.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 15-Jun-09 14:52:47

Would see your GP and have a chat about this problem. It's more often than not due to hormonal imbalances. Blood tests can be done to see what your hormone levels are like.

Milk leakage can be caused by excess prolactin and it can interfere with ovulation. It can be treated with tablets.

Tambajam Mon 15-Jun-09 14:54:42

My periods returned at 14 months while I was still breastfeeding. I know there's a massive range of normal but I would still probably check in with your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now