Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Glandular fever - worried about my 6 year old..

(3 Posts)
WentworthMillerMad Mon 15-Jun-09 09:41:50

Really worried about my DS aged 6. He has been off school for over a week now with tonsilitis - he is on penicillin. He is not eating well and has very little energy, he is sleeping during the day, pale, has lost weight. Anyone else seen such a dibilitating case of tonsilitis - could it be glandular fever? I had lymphoma a few years ago - all sorts of scary thoughts going through my head now......feeling very low. should we go back to GP or let him rest and see???

ChildOfThe70s Mon 15-Jun-09 20:31:25

Sorry to hear this - can't offer any advice but bumping this for you. If it was me I would go to GP for your own peace of mind if nothing else.

WentworthMillerMad Tue 16-Jun-09 14:17:03

Thanks - he has finally turned a corner after 9 days, eating again, anti biotics must have kicked in and am feeling less neurotic today!! Am sleep deprived / my imagination starts running riot......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now