Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Headaches after coming off pill

(5 Posts)
Ozziegirly Mon 15-Jun-09 07:39:26

I came off Yasmin in early May. Since then I have been having a headache about 4-5 times per week, sometimes in the morning, sometimes that come on through the day. The pain is all over my head, but is abated a bit through neckrubs - it feels kind of tensioney.

They go off with painkillers, but I don't want to keep popping pills, especially as we are TTC.

So, I have two questions;

1. Has anyone had anything similar, and if so, how long is it likely to go on for?

2. Is there any painkiller that is ok to take on an almost daily basis, especially whilst TTC?

I had all these plans of being healthy, going to the gym etc but every night I am just going home and lazing on the sofa as my head is so painful.

Marie12 Mon 15-Jun-09 14:04:22

Maybe you're pregnant already?

Ozziegirly Tue 16-Jun-09 01:12:18

Sadly not - this was happening last month and I have had a period since then.

Funnily enough I woke up this morning and weirdly felt like the pain had lifted from my head after hovering there for weeks, so maybe I had a virus or something.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come back.

Cindy8798 Tue 16-Jun-09 04:07:05

I was having a this kind off headaches a lot and my doctor prescribed me Esgic plus tablets but I did not wanted to be taking pills every day, well Im drinking a lot of water now instead of taking the pills and if has worked wonders for me, must of headaches are related to dehydration

Ozziegirly Tue 16-Jun-09 04:47:19

Yes, my mum suggested drinking more water, but I drink a 1.5 litre bottle every day, plus I probably have about 4 mugs of herbal tea every evening and I don't drink alcohol.

I don't have a headache at all today though so I am crossing fingers it's gone away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now