Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

hep b jab for babies

(8 Posts)
uwila Wed 11-May-05 15:50:37

Just wondered if anyone had a view on the BBC news article (ran yesterday) which recommeds that babies get this jab. Pros? Cons? Just wondered what the views on here are.

At least they aren't wrapping it up into 12 other vaccinations... not yet anyway.

Tinker Wed 11-May-05 15:52:33

Pass. Doubt the risks are equal nationwide though. Also, I've had it for work and wondered if a) I would pass on any immunity and b) it often doesn't work.

nailpolish Wed 11-May-05 15:53:49

tinker i thought that too cos ive had hep b jab. do you know if you still have to have boosters? ive had 3 but now im told its all rubbish and you only need a check every 10yrs

Tinker Wed 11-May-05 15:55:53

Don't have boosters np because job has changed, must be 5 years ago when I had mine.

nailpolish Wed 11-May-05 15:56:54

in answer to your question uwila (sorry, got sidetracked) i remember when i started my training i hardly every came across it, now it seems kind of more common. maybe its just being screened for more, dont know.

nailpolish Wed 11-May-05 15:58:16

ok thanks tinker

mancmum Wed 11-May-05 15:59:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ruty Wed 11-May-05 17:42:31

i think its shocking that they're trying to reel it in. Its because its more cost effective to vaccinate all babies than to treat those that get the disease. That's what they said. I would never give this jab to my child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now