Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone on the Depo injection and getting fat

(8 Posts)
Sarasue Sat 13-Jun-09 14:56:43

Just thought I would tell you, that since stopping the depo I have lost over a stone. I didn't realise that it made you gain weight.

oneforward20back Sat 13-Jun-09 23:33:01

I knew, was warned about it as it increases your appitite. I have had the other problem and gained weight since coming off. Did it take long for you to notice the difference?

Sarasue Mon 15-Jun-09 19:42:37

I have been off it for 8 months now, once my periods came back and it was out of my system the weight fell off.

cookielove Mon 15-Jun-09 19:45:48

i'm on the depo and have put on over a stone, humph, i think partly it is to so with the depo and also i eat lots, am going to ww to try and loose weight though

TsarChasm Mon 15-Jun-09 19:48:37

I put on weight with depo. It's an awful injection imho.

cookielove Mon 15-Jun-09 20:28:28

i understand all that, but i don't want to get pregnant at this point in my life, and i am not good taking the pill, does the implant make you put on weight? any other ideas, and don't say condoms dp is allergic

oneforward20back Mon 15-Jun-09 21:26:46

don't do it grin <ducks boot thrown in this direction>

Good to hear there is hope, counting months down to weight loss.

I didn;t put any weight with depo. Not everyone has the same side effects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now