Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS 2yrs is complaining of a sore willy and it's slightly swollen

(6 Posts)
Kerpots Fri 12-Jun-09 18:18:52

I've had a little search and have come up with Balanitis, but not sure - anyone got any advice?

Poor little mites' just had an evil bout of Chicken Pox, so wondered if it was related?

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 12-Jun-09 18:21:07

Take him to docs or A&E.
Ds 1 had this at 18m old, it was a sunday so dp rang NHS direct they said to take him to A&E, he had an infection under the foreskin and had antibiotics and cream.

His willy swelled up like a plum I was shock when took his nappy off!

Kerpots Fri 12-Jun-09 18:29:04

It's only occassionally that he complains it hurts and is only slightly swollen, I don't want to over react, in case it's not. Do you think leaving it until tomorrow is the wrong thing to do?

Kerpots Fri 12-Jun-09 19:13:13

Well I've called NHS Direct, and they seem to think it might be Balanitis too. They're getting an out of hours doc to call me, I can't take him anywhere, as he's still infectious with the chicken pox!!!

BigusBumus Fri 12-Jun-09 19:15:36

My DS (2.5) says it hurts when he gets a bit of an erection... (eww) Could it just be that? Is it redder than normal? That could mean an infection.

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 12-Jun-09 19:53:43

Do you think his daddy would not want to make a fuss in case he was over reacting?

Something wrong with a willy and mine would call an ambulance grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now