Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

why suddenly so much more wind??

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 11-May-05 08:17:54

DD is 9 weeks old and has suddenly in the last 3 days had so so much more wind than ever before. She's on the same formula and same teat although she is poorly just now with an ulcer on her throat so is feeding little and often.

But her wind is just horrible now. She used to burp halfway through a feed and once again at the end at the most and then that was it. Now she is pulling off to burp every 30 seconds or so and particularly during the evening/night feeds I am having to pick her back up and wind her 3 or 4 times before she's fully clear of it.

Any ideas why please?

kcemum Wed 11-May-05 10:18:06

Not sure which size teat she is using but perhaps try with the next size up? As she is growing she is having to draw harder on the teat to get enough milk so by getting the next size up she will not have to draw so hard thus taking in less air. Hope this makes sence

mckenzie Wed 11-May-05 10:23:26

worth a try kcemum. thanks for the idea.

lyndap Wed 11-May-05 10:25:45

Dunno if it's any help but my dd had quite sensitive digestion and I was advised to use Omneo comfort formula which seemed much easier for her to deal with.

mckenzie Wed 11-May-05 10:33:27

thanks lyndap. DD is on aptamil but i dont thinkk that can be the cause as this excessive wind has only started in the last few days.

mckenzie Wed 11-May-05 12:09:52

anyone else have any thougths please?

mckenzie Wed 11-May-05 12:10:14

or even thoughts!

mckenzie Wed 11-May-05 19:05:26

another thing i've noticed is that she is bringing up wind 3 hours or so after having her feed - is this normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now