Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

threadworms or not

(4 Posts)
uberalice Fri 12-Jun-09 08:18:27

Can anyone help me work out what's wrong with my bum? I don't know if I have threadworms or or something else. blush

A few times recently, in the evenings I've felt a really weird wriggling feeling in my bum, a bit itchy but not desperately so, but definitely really weird and wriggly. I spoke to my GP about it and he recommended the sellotape test. I tried it a couple of nights ago, but it was inconclusive - I just wasn't sure if I could see little white threads or if I was imagining it. Yesterday I bought some sachets of Pripsen, but haven't taken them yet and I didn't get any wrigglines last night.

Any ideas?

ReneRusso Fri 12-Jun-09 09:21:40

its quite easy to tell with kids bums, but a bit harder with you own. I would take the meds anyway. doesn't do any harm I guess?

Elibean Fri 12-Jun-09 10:03:43

I've had this, and never found any evidence...I think mine was probably piles, and (TMI alert) in the evening, everything sort of relaxes with weird twitchy wriggly feelings resulting.

That said, I took Ovex when I had it - just in case, and doesn't do any harm - which basically made no difference. If you do have TW, and take Pripsen or Ovex, you may well see the evidence over the next day or two!

dontdillydally Fri 12-Jun-09 11:22:34

I though my DS had them the Doc said they only appear at night and to check in his nappy so as your discomfort is at night time perhaps get them checked out.

The whole family will also have to be treated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now