Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Are mooncups compatible with a slightly tired pelvic floor...? (Possible TMI...sorry!!)

(10 Posts)
misspollysdolly Thu 11-Jun-09 23:15:36

Trying a mooncup for the first time this month and in theory I am a convert - in most ways it really works for me - but am having a bit of a problem and think it might be because my pelvic floor has taken a bashing after two big babies and a third degree tear (youch!).

Getting it in is no problem, getting out is certainly not an ordeal tho it's a little uncomfortable but it's the discomfort while it's actually in that's bothering me. Doesn't seem to matter how high I insert it, gravity just brings it down (feels very low, protruding a bit even) and even though I have trimmed the stem completely it has irritated me a bit today.

Sitting down isn't at all uncomfortable, but walking around is - in fact any time when gravity is against me, iyswim. Should I persevere? Has anyone else experienced this, especially if they have a bit of a poorpelvic floor? Any tips for getting it to stay in a bit higher?

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 12-Jun-09 07:11:01

Message withdrawn

UndertheBoredwalk Fri 12-Jun-09 07:32:21

No tips am afraid, I've been using mine a couple of years now and have the last few months had the opposite problem, mine keeps dissapearing up and not staying down where it's supposed toblush
Don't know wth is going on.

misspollysdolly Fri 12-Jun-09 08:33:02

Glad it's not just me who is confused and confounded by the silly thing...!

misspollysdolly Fri 12-Jun-09 17:03:55

BUMP...any wisdom, anyone...??!

beatiebow Fri 12-Jun-09 19:36:27

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Would love to resolve it too. Fine on sitting etc but other than that only seems to go high enough after sleeping with it inovernight (ie can't find it easily on awakening!).

mrmagoo Fri 12-Jun-09 20:02:38

That's interesting beatiebow - I have found exactly the same. I cannot fathom why it should be that sleeping with it it does the trick.

acebaby Fri 12-Jun-09 20:17:44

I have found the same thing, particularly with sleeping. Stop reading now if you are of a delicate constitution...

right - what I do is squat down, then feel with my fingers where my cervix is and then (using the short fold) shove the thing around the cervix and as high as possible. Then I stand up and do the strongest kegels I can. That usually does the trick, although I sometimes have to try a few times. On balance, it is better than just STs and tampons don't work for me, so I'll persist for now

ok - tmi over. If anyone has any other tips I'd love to hear them

FlyMeToDunoon Fri 12-Jun-09 20:37:43

hmmm well no advice but will be reading thread with interest as mine tends to try and escape especially if quite full.
Have been nervous about shoving it up any higher than I usually do.

beatiebow Fri 12-Jun-09 21:12:23

I still don't feel sure enough about my anatomy to go feeling about for my cervix-maybe next month!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now