Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

blood on penis

(5 Posts)
fisil Tue 10-May-05 19:30:04

ds1 (who is 2) has blood on the tip of his penis. He did a wee in his potty, and dp noticed a little bit of blood. If you touched it with a tissue you got 4 or 5 little blots of blood. He then did a wee in the bath, and again there was some blood on the tip afterwards. The wee is clear, he is in no pain when weeing and when asked if his penis hurt said yes, but very unconvincingly, and we didn't believe him (especially when he was tugging at it quite happily a few minutes later).

DP is not worried at all. I am only a little worried, not being the owner of a penis I don't know how these things are, and the fact that dp is so cool about it is good. But we just thought we'd check in case ...

So, does anyone know anything about why this could be?

Janh Tue 10-May-05 19:31:08

Hi, fisil

Could he have scratched it with a fingernail (while tugging some other time!)?

fisil Tue 10-May-05 20:41:00

possibly - but dp had a look and couldn't see any marks. Also, the blood does seem to be coming from inside.

TinyGang Tue 10-May-05 20:50:30

Cystitis perhaps? Can little boys get that? But really, I'd think he'd be in more discomfort with cystitis. I'd definately see the doctor asap to check him out. Hope he's ok, poor little chap

fisil Mon 16-May-05 20:26:54

Can I just revive this, cos a week later and it is still happening. Any thoughts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now