Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

feeling pretty scared now, what should i do ?

(11 Posts)
cheeryface Wed 10-Jun-09 22:31:54

on friday i was sat talking on the settee when i came over all strange. everything went a bit blurry and then the room seemed to be moving , i felt all dizzy. it lasted just a couple of minutes . afterwards i had a headache and i had tingly arms.
ive still got this headache now and after talking to someone i am worried that ive had a mini stroke or something. could that be possible?

please help

snickersnack Wed 10-Jun-09 22:34:17

I would definitely ring NHS Direct now and see what they suggest.

Haribosmummy Wed 10-Jun-09 22:36:00

The tingly arms is a possible sign, so it's worth getting it checked out.

cheeryface Wed 10-Jun-09 22:53:01

thing is this happened friday, so its a few days ago.
ive got visions of something awful happening to me while im with the kids.

morningsun Thu 11-Jun-09 00:13:25

possibly a migraine
see your GP tomorrow

MumHadEnough Thu 11-Jun-09 00:20:40

I used to get a very similar thing, called a focal migraine.

If you're really worried call NHS Direct now, or get an appointment for GP first thing in the morning.

Did you feel sick too? I used to feel sick sometimes and quite often my speech would be really slurry. In fact the speech thing then became the first symptom I would have, along with one side of my body numb/tingly.

It is scary and my GP did describe them as being like mini-strokes.

MumHadEnough Thu 11-Jun-09 00:22:39

Also, are you on the combined pill?

Curiousmama Thu 11-Jun-09 21:24:30

How are you today cheeryface? I've had and still get those MHE very scary. Mine started 9 years ago when pg with ds2, had to spend a few days in hospital just to check me out.

Hope you're ok cheeryface?

MumHadEnough Thu 11-Jun-09 22:28:22

They sure are! You have my sympathy. sad

I had tried everything, various preventative medicines, imigran, those things that go under your tongue and then ended up on Betablockers. Eventually they just disappeared on their own.

I haven't had one since last October then last week I started getting the symptom of one coming on where I can't remember what I was going to say and I get the words in my sentences mixed up. I felt a bit of a headache starting too and was sooooooooo shitting myself they were back. I went to bed and thankfully it never came to anything.

I couldn't go back to having them again (Please God) as I used to get them in clusters too. It was awful sad

Curiousmama Fri 12-Jun-09 09:19:38

Sounds awful MHE sad

Things that trigger mine are hunger, stress and also pre-menstrually. Mine aren't as bad as yours though MHE as my words are ok...I think?

Jux Fri 12-Jun-09 10:10:05

Doc, A&E, NHS Direct. Whatever way you can. You need this checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now