Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I currently have wisdom tooth pain, by looking at old threads I seem to have this every 2 years, then it disappears, is this normal, or do they have to go?

(14 Posts)
Aimsmum Wed 10-Jun-09 15:52:06

Message withdrawn

TubOfLardWithInferiorRange Wed 10-Jun-09 17:15:45

It is what they do, it seems to me, feel like they are coming in and then recede. One reason for getting them out is that this is a painful process that will go on and on if there is nowhere for them to go. You should go in for a (overdue?) cleaning and have the dentist take a look.

fizzyanddizzy Wed 10-Jun-09 17:54:15

Oooh - spooky was just having a look on the health section to see if there was anything on wisdom teeth!
The left hand side of my mouth is v. sore and it feels like both the upper and lower wisdom teeth are playing up and are making the gums around sore? been going on for a week and a half.
Have made a dentist appt (hate them) but not until end of July (dont ask!). Its not really painful enough to take painkillers but is pretty constant - do you think it will settle down?
Aimsmum - what sort of pain is it, that you have and how long before it usually settles?

Aimsmum Wed 10-Jun-09 19:43:14

Message withdrawn

I have this too, and I've never done anything about it - as you say, it comes every couple of years or so, but I want to hang on to my wisdom teeth as I'd quite like to be wise

Aimsmum Thu 11-Jun-09 09:47:02

Message withdrawn

creamcaramella Thu 11-Jun-09 20:37:18

Aimsmum, i was just about to start a thread and stumbled upon this. We're going through exactly the same thing.

"The pain isn't like normal toothache, it is hard to describe, it's a bit like it is in my jaw and throat too, which sounds bizarre!"

This is exactly what i'm feeling. But i'm quite disappointed to find that it goes on for weeks. I had to take paracetamol yesterday night and now. And bonjella too.

How are you now? Any relief?

frAKKINPannikin Fri 12-Jun-09 14:58:16

I have this too! Right down to "The pain isn't like normal toothache, it is hard to describe, it's a bit like it is in my jaw and throat too, which sounds bizarre!" And I was just coming to look this up....

I have swilled with some hot salt water which helped a bit but it's an annoying nagging pain on the right hand side.

My dentist said at my last visit (just over a year ago, must book another one) that there should be no problem with them coming through (still?!?!) and just to let it happen.

Am v. glad other people think it's just wisdom tooth pain - I was imagining dental abscesses!

Aimsmum Fri 12-Jun-09 15:29:35

Message withdrawn

creamcaramella Fri 12-Jun-09 17:25:29

I'm now taking Ibuprofen as suggested by people that have been in similar situation. I'll do the salty water too as i've also got the flap of gum thing too. . It was also worse last night/this morn too but much better now...
mmmm Aimsmum, are you missing a twin?

Aimsmum Fri 12-Jun-09 19:31:54

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Thu 18-Jun-09 19:11:40

Message withdrawn

fizzyanddizzy Thu 18-Jun-09 19:46:06

Oh no - didn't want to hear that! mine settled down towards the end of last week so decided you were an orthodontic genius and am happy to wait till my dental appt at the end of july.

Aimsmum Fri 19-Jun-09 09:48:49

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now