Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

breast clinic

(3 Posts)
whatmaisieknew Tue 09-Jun-09 18:34:25

Hi everyone - have been on here a while but now using a new name. Hoping for some advice. Found lump in breast and today have had core biopsy. Consultant admits the mammogram /us results are to him "suspicious" and i need to wait until fri for the results. I am terrified. Is he telling me that basically i have cancer and he's done the biopsy to double check, or what ? anyone been in a similar positiuon ? (btw I'm 44)

wrongsideof40 Wed 10-Jun-09 23:24:54

Hi there, i saw your message last night and I must admit I was hoping to see that someone would have answered it by now. we.re the same age and I have some idea of what you must be feeling as I had a mammogram some years ago and it was fortunately negative but I remember the terror of it all.

you need to try to remain positive - your consultant is very experienced and probably does have a 'feel' for lumps that are nasty - or not - BUT - they are not infallible - which is why nothing is certain until the pathologists have a look at your biopsy,

I am sorry that I cannot be more positive , but i wish you all good luck for Friday, and hope and pray that all will be well.

Sicknote Tue 16-Jun-09 13:48:35

Hi

I'm the same age 44 and I'm due to go to my local hospital tomorrow for examination, mammogram/ultrasound and biopsy if required.

I know exactly how you feel as I'm terrified and also suffer with depression and have just been taken off my antidepressants due to side effects.

Keep feeling positive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now