Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've honestly dont know if I have taken my tablets today or not?

(10 Posts)
TrinityRhino Tue 09-Jun-09 15:59:16

40mg of paroxetine
I take the two 20 mg tablets at the same time in the morning

I cannot remember if I have taken them today but I'm steering towards I haven't

What would you do?

LilRedWG Tue 09-Jun-09 16:00:55

I've done this with Prozac and Citalopram (not tat the same time) and taken them at this time of day. Check your leaflet - it'll probably say, "take as soon as you remember but not at the same time as next dose" or some such. HTH.

Geepers Tue 09-Jun-09 16:01:20

take one maybe? Just in case.

Perhaps you should get one of those tablet cases from the chemist? They only cost a couple of pounds then there would be no doubt as you fill it once a week and can easily see each day if they have been taken.

LilRedWG Tue 09-Jun-09 16:01:26

Or - as you don't know if you've taken them, just take one now and then normal dose in morning.

LilRedWG Tue 09-Jun-09 16:02:43

My tablets now have the days of the week printed on - thank God - but if they ever don't I write it on with a biro or felt tip, as I'm so bad at remembering.

TrinityRhino Tue 09-Jun-09 16:07:01

thanks guys
I'll take them now I think

what happens if I have taken them
then I will have had 80mg
and will take another 40 in the morning

LilRedWG Tue 09-Jun-09 16:11:15

Just take the 20mg if I were you, otherwise you may get a double dose and crappy side effects.

TrillianAstra Tue 09-Jun-09 16:15:23

Don't knwo what happens if you take too much but wikipedia say 'In 2001, the BBC reported the World Health Organization had found paroxetine to have the hardest withdrawal problems of any antidepressant' so no wonder you felt awful when you forgot to take them a while back.

Jux Tue 09-Jun-09 16:18:03

How bad is it if you don't take them? Can you count how many you have and work out whether you've got hte right number left?

TBH, if it's not too bad if you miss a day then I'd leave it until tomorrow.

MatNanPlus Tue 09-Jun-09 16:48:43

Use a cd marker pen to label the bump side rather than the pop thru side with MM,TT,WW etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now