Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bestamine (sp?) used at nursery: what does DD mean?

(6 Posts)
Catz Mon 08-Jun-09 19:52:54

When I picked DD (22 mnths) up from nursery today she had a slightly sticky gel on her cheek. She kept telling me that her key worker had put 'bestamine' (sp?) on her cheek and bottom. Does anyone have any idea what she might mean by it? Unfortunately we'd left nursery by the time I noticed it. Will ask tomorrow but want to work out what it is so I can decide whether to be cross!

She did have a bit of dry skin on the cheek where they had put it (but no reason to put anything on bottom) but I'm not thrilled about them choosing to put something on it without asking us.

If anyone can work out what she means I'd be really grateful.

Greensleeves Mon 08-Jun-09 19:53:51

vaseline?

LaTrucha Mon 08-Jun-09 19:53:54

Betadine - if it was a reddish colour.

Germolene?

nigglewiggle Mon 08-Jun-09 19:56:07

Bepanthen? or as Greensleeves - vaseline.

norksinmywaistband Mon 08-Jun-09 19:58:21

would agree vaseline

shock at your dd being to give you even that much information, clever girl smile

Catz Mon 08-Jun-09 20:09:02

Ah vaseline - that's almost certainly right, we've asked them to use that occasionally in the past. Thank you all. I was trying to think of things starting with B. I was imagining some strange anti-histamine from the name. Not at all cross about vaseline!

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now