Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

non-latex condoms - need advice

(7 Posts)
condomquestioner Mon 08-Jun-09 11:45:15

I've been using the Durex Avanti because you can use them with oil-based lubricants - I use tea tree oil in a carrier oil a lot to combat persistent thrush (I've seen my GP about this, I'm just prone to it and I can keep it under control this way)

however they have now replaced Avanti with Avanti Ultima, which cannot be used with oil

I don't get on with pill, or Mirena and I really don't want to get pg again

does anyone use a good non-latex condom they can recommend? The ones I've looked at online seem terrifying, but then I am very repressed grin

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 08-Jun-09 11:53:29

Old stocks (still well within date) of your favourite still available here. Stock up! grin

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 08-Jun-09 14:04:58

Other varieties here.

condomquestioner Wed 10-Jun-09 10:23:20

that's fantastic - thanks! will definitely be stocking up from that site

FanjolinaJolie Wed 10-Jun-09 22:10:12

Yes, we use the Avanti too but have always used with KY jelly, can you use this or does it not agree with you.

I follow sympto-thermal family planning, so but doing this I know when I ovulate and only have to use condoms for six days before and three days after ovulation. The rest of the time we can just use nothing.

Works for us!

condomquestioner Tue 16-Jun-09 09:40:41

I don't use oil as a lubricant, but I use it regularly to combat thrush like I said, so I imagine there will often be traces of oil down there even a couple of days after I've used it

I DO NOT WANT another baby. That method you use fanjolina sounds interesting (though it's making me want to call it Thermo-Nuclear planning already grin) - is it super-safe?

emma1977 Tue 16-Jun-09 20:51:28

Passante unique is OK with oil-based lubricants. They are really sheer condoms with v good sensitivity.

Look here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now