Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Have had terrible tooth ache SINCE my filling nearly 3 weeks ago

(7 Posts)
MaggieBee Sun 07-Jun-09 21:50:01

Not before.

Now my tooth seems to be throbbing a bit and if I wrinkle up my face i feel like my eye has some pressure on it.

What on earth is going on? could the dentist have slipped with the drill and jangled a raw nerve... or does this sound like an abcess? is it common to get an abcess after a filling?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 08-Jun-09 00:45:50

Pop back to the dentist. It's hard to say what could be going on. It is possible to get an abcess/infection after any procedure as the mouth isn't the cleanest of places.

Granny23 Mon 08-Jun-09 01:02:15

I was once left with a pocket of air under a filling, done by emergency dentist as we were going on holiday next day. The pain whilst flying was beyond belief. Had to get filling dug out and redone by a better dentist.

MaggieBee Mon 08-Jun-09 16:38:22

oh boy that sounds awful. I saw the dentist this morning and she doesn't think it's an abscess. she prodded at my teeth. I'm now on anti-biotics for an infected sinus and i've taken a solpisinus tablet and feel better already. I was convinced it was the tooth though. After the filling, My jaw was in a lot of pain from the injection. Blimey. That filling seemed to set in motion a chain of other ailments!

TakeLovingChances Mon 08-Jun-09 16:52:02

I had a filling done (didn't even realise it needed filling), but got pain as soon as it was done.

The pain was worse when I ate, especially hot or cold foods.

I went back to dentist who said it needed a root canal filling. This was sooooo sore!!!!! And very expensive :-( That was about 6 months ago, and even now there's a slight flicker of pain when I'm chewing gum.

My dentist has no clue angry

MaggieBee Mon 08-Jun-09 16:57:08

Take a solpisinus and see what happens. You never know..........

Ripeberry Mon 08-Jun-09 17:06:54

Go back to the dentist! I had a filling re-done a few years ago and it was fine for a day or so then just as we were going on holiday to Cornwall i had the most horrendus pain ever and the whole side of my face swelled up as i had a bad infection.
Had to see an emergency dentist and have some antibiotics which helped.
My own dentist then had to perform a root canal and now i had one tooth (upper canine) that is a bit darker than all my others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now