Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DO NOT READ IF EATING OR DONT LIKE TMI ITS ABOUT POO

(10 Posts)
starshaker Sun 07-Jun-09 18:31:14

I have had diarrhoea for about 3 days now. its bright yellow and now mucusy. im 8 weeks pregnant and pretty sure its not great. have sickness and a sore head as well. any ideas

TrillianAstra Sun 07-Jun-09 18:32:09

Go to the GP tomorrow?

missingtheaction Sun 07-Jun-09 18:36:47

drink plenty, go to gp, and take a warm sample with you in a very airtight container. [eugh emoticon]

starshaker Sun 07-Jun-09 19:05:08

nothing is staying down. if i drink or eat it comes back up

drlove8 Sun 07-Jun-09 19:17:59

if nothing is staying down you need phone midwife for advice, try sucking ice cubes/ ice lolly to try and get some liquid into you.

starshaker Sun 07-Jun-09 19:22:56

ive now called nhs 24 and am waiting on them calling back

TrillianAstra Sun 07-Jun-09 19:28:03

Don't worry too much about the baby, the things are like leeches and will suck you dry of any goodness they can get. I mean that in a reassuring way - if you are not taking anyhting in any reserves will go to the baby before they go to you.

NHS direct is a good idea, they may want you to go into A&E and go on a drip if you haven't taken anything in for 3 days.

drlove8 Sun 07-Jun-09 22:04:39

hope your feeling better soon . with any luck it'll be just a virus and you'll be over the worst smile

starshaker Sun 07-Jun-09 22:11:48

just back from hospital. they put me on a drip to get fluids in. they only let me home as i had dd with me and im on my own. ive got deorolite and imodeum to take. They also said my morning sickness may just be the bug so that would be good news lol

TrillianAstra Sun 07-Jun-09 22:21:36

Glad you've got some help. Fingers crossed the bug goes away and you don't have morning sickness either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now