Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If I hit him hard with a mallet and bury him under the patio I could be out in 5 years, right?

(4 Posts)
smudgethepuppydog Sun 07-Jun-09 15:55:28

DH will not stop smoking in the house. It may seem unreasonable to stop him from smoking in his own home but he's had several serious health scares all related to smoking and swears he's given up but I know he hasn't. He has a sneaky cigar in the bathroom then sprays air freshener to cover up his sins. Air freshener always makes my chest wheezy (I have asthma) and since he's started smoking again DD has had several hospital visits with her asthma. He also smokes in MY car, if he wants to smoke in his, fine but not in mine. It's mine. I paid for it with my hard earned cash. I do not smoke in my car so why should be borrow it and smoke in it?

I am so tempted to whack the silly sod with a mallet. Why won't he just be frigging honest about smoking again? This is more about treating me like I'm a twonk than about the fags to be honest.

smudgethepuppydog Sun 07-Jun-09 15:59:19

See! He makes me so mad I even post in the wrong poxy place....sorry.

MrsMattie Sun 07-Jun-09 16:01:22

I think you should get hardline with him. You can't stop him smoking, but if he wants to smoke, he must do it outside. Maybe he is in denial about his own health, but surely he is concerned for the health of his own child????

BCNS Sun 07-Jun-09 16:04:19

if he wants to smoke.. he smokes outside.. it is not his house.. it's your dd's house.. dc's come first! ( IMO)

oh and a definate no to smoking in the car too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now