Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Contraception needed - persona?

(5 Posts)
anchovies Mon 09-May-05 20:23:20

I have used:

the pill
the coil (mirena and regular)
injection
implant
condoms

but none of these are suitable anymore (long story!) so now need something else.

Does anybody use persona? How reliable is it? How much does it cost a month? And most importantly would you recommend it? Is there any other methods that anyone recommends?

Need to get something sorted soon or I am going to end up pregnant!

Thanks!

lunavix Mon 09-May-05 20:24:30

All I know is you have to buy the machine (£20 - £70 depending on new vs secondhand) and it's £10 a month!

WigWamBam Mon 09-May-05 20:24:32

I've known three women who have used Persona, they all became pregnant within 6 months.

anchovies Mon 09-May-05 20:25:38

Blimey looks like there may be a slight reliability issue then?!

mrsflowerpot Mon 09-May-05 20:28:56

If you are very regular, and have very strong self-control (and dh must as well ) and it wouldn't be a disaster if you got pregnant, then Persona is a good option imo. I used it for 3 years (in conjunction with condoms for red days) and it suited me well (have problems with the pill, wanted to minimise having to use condoms) - and no accidents in my case, but when my cycle started to go a bit wonky we stopped, mostly because we only got about nine or ten 'green' days in a month so it hardly seemed worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now