Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

This fatigue is getting me down, any suggestions?

(7 Posts)
Saltire Sun 07-Jun-09 13:05:25

It's associated with the Fibro, but I've never been affected by it much. However, the past 3/4 weeks it is getting really bad. I have to physically crawl out of bed in the morning, some days I just stand in the bathroom, can't even be bothered to actually turn on the shower and get in. I am struggling with work (I only do 3 hours a day, 4 days a wee) and as soon as I get home, I have to get changed and take the dog out, if I sit down,even for a minute then I don't get up again. I'm going to bed early most nights, sometimes I am sleeping 8pm - 7am and feel like I've had no sleep, other times I am awake during the night with the pain - which I have pretty much all the time also.I fall asleep on the sofa, I can't be bothered to do anything that doesn't involve sittingsmile

noddyholder Sun 07-Jun-09 13:06:44

Have you had your b12 levels checked?

Cadelaide Sun 07-Jun-09 13:07:14

I'm sorry Saltire, sounds grim beyond my imaginings.

I hope someone will be along with help for you soon.

Saltire Sun 07-Jun-09 13:31:14

Noddy - I haven't had them checked but I do take a b12 supplement every day.

cocolepew Sun 07-Jun-09 13:33:22

My friend has this, she swears that she is helped by cranial oestopathy.

noddyholder Sun 07-Jun-09 13:34:44

I had mine checked and was told supplements no good.I have been having injections and felt amazing until the doctor decided to reduce my other meds as I was so well and I had a steroid crisis.So am now back on the original dose and gradually getting better.There are some under the tongue b12 tabs which by pass the stomach as we can't all absorb it.Also i found co enzyme q10 brillaint but £££.

shoshe Sun 07-Jun-09 13:44:05

Hi saltie I went through this 18 months ago, and had aucupuncture, it was brilliant, and although I still now dont sleep well, I think my body has got used to it.

I go from hitting the 'wall' and doing nothing but sleep, to only sleeping 3/4 hours a night.

I do find itcomes in cycles tho, at the moment I am back ina non sleeping time, two weeks ago, I was sleeping everytime I sat down, but never feeling refreshed.

I actually feel better with less sleep if that makes any sense, I seem to have a deeper, better sleep in just a few hours, than a exhustion sleep over 12 hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now