Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone know a cure for painful bloating?

(5 Posts)
ActingNormal Sat 06-Jun-09 23:17:21

I look about 4 months pregnant but I'm not, I'm full of gas which is really uncomfortable. It's probably IBS because I've had it off and on most of my life. I thought it was down to stress but the last 2 times my stomach has blown up I wasn't feeling particularly stressed. Please has anyone else had this and found a way to ease it?

mears Sat 06-Jun-09 23:18:53

Have you tried Motilium or Buscopan? Both medications can be bought over the counter.

puffylovett Sat 06-Jun-09 23:25:59

You could try peppermint or fennel tea, they usually help me.
Alternatively, try some probiotic tablets, something like Solgar Multibillion Dophilus is a good one, as it could be an imbalance of gut bacteria causing it.
Alternatively it could be a lack of digestive enzymes, again, you can try those in supplement forms.

Other suggestions are to ensure you chew your food lots, and to try having a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in warm water before your meals, that aids digestion.

You could also try avoiding wheat, yeast or sugar...

Lots of other suggestions - have suffered IBS a long time, tho it's been under control for ages now, mostly as a result of the above !

Thunderduck Sun 07-Jun-09 00:31:34

Try buscopan.

pinkyp Sun 07-Jun-09 00:38:09

trump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now