Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Does anyone know a cure for painful bloating?

(5 Posts)
ActingNormal Sat 06-Jun-09 23:17:21

I look about 4 months pregnant but I'm not, I'm full of gas which is really uncomfortable. It's probably IBS because I've had it off and on most of my life. I thought it was down to stress but the last 2 times my stomach has blown up I wasn't feeling particularly stressed. Please has anyone else had this and found a way to ease it?

mears Sat 06-Jun-09 23:18:53

Have you tried Motilium or Buscopan? Both medications can be bought over the counter.

puffylovett Sat 06-Jun-09 23:25:59

You could try peppermint or fennel tea, they usually help me.
Alternatively, try some probiotic tablets, something like Solgar Multibillion Dophilus is a good one, as it could be an imbalance of gut bacteria causing it.
Alternatively it could be a lack of digestive enzymes, again, you can try those in supplement forms.

Other suggestions are to ensure you chew your food lots, and to try having a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in warm water before your meals, that aids digestion.

You could also try avoiding wheat, yeast or sugar...

Lots of other suggestions - have suffered IBS a long time, tho it's been under control for ages now, mostly as a result of the above !

Thunderduck Sun 07-Jun-09 00:31:34

Try buscopan.

pinkyp Sun 07-Jun-09 00:38:09

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now