Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had persistent BV?

(4 Posts)
eldestgirl Mon 09-May-05 15:14:09

Which is bacterial vaginosis, a sort of bacterial version of thrush.
I started off with persistent thrush for about 3 months (not too bad as it was asymptomatic) and then in February, got told that the thrush had gone but was then diagnosed with BV. Have now had a 14 day course of pessaries, which didn't clear it, then a 14 day course of metronizodale antibiotics, which didn't clear it either. Dr now says the last thing they can give me is a 7 day course of clindomicin, and treat DH with Flagyl at the same time, in case he has been passing it back to me. If this doesn't work, Dr's words were "I will throw in the towel".
I really want to have another baby, but there are risks of miscarriage and premature birth with BV so must clear it first. Has anyone had this problem? Are there are alternative remedies? I can't find much on the web.
Thanks so much....

dinosaur Mon 09-May-05 15:54:52

I haven't but I remember reading something about alternative remedies in teh Guardian's Saturday magazine. If your doctor "throws in teh towel", alternative remedies might be your only hope!

eldestgirl Tue 10-May-05 07:31:23

Thanks dinosaur.
Oh dear, am I the only person afflicted with this?!!

SoupDragon Tue 10-May-05 08:19:41

Eldestgirl, let me introduce you to pinksofa. Two BV threads in less than 24 hours...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now