Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Posteria urethral valve been diagnosed in 21 week foetus

(3 Posts)
smudginge Fri 05-Jun-09 20:21:33

Weve just had our 20 week scan and weve been told that our baby boy has posteria urethal valve. Thats where the bladder was blocked and backpressure has damaged the urethal valves and kidneys. Its now cleared but were not sure of the lasting damage. Has anyone else experienced this? Were extremley worried about the long term health of our baby. Many thanks. Ian & Sarah x

onebatmother Fri 05-Jun-09 20:26:08

No experience I'm afraid - but bumping for you. Not sure if you're new here, but don't be afraid to keep bumping it yourselves if you don't get an answer. Good luck.

meakin Fri 05-Jun-09 20:45:36

My cousins boy has this and he is a very big healthy teenager now. I don't really know much about it other than he did have an operation when he was little and was on antibiotics a lot (his must have not cleared itself?) Hope you can find out more soon and all goes well for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now