Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Aaahhh my tooth has broken - what can I do?

(6 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Fri 05-Jun-09 12:29:15

a chunk has fallen out of my tooth - like a slice at the back, sort of triangle shaped... what can be done? Can a dentist mend it? Argh, I needed 2 fillings done before I had DS2 but they would not do them when I was pregnant and I never went back blush - Can anything be saved? Can they rebuild it abit?

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 05-Jun-09 12:31:08

Dentist will assess and hopefully repair

go asap, you don't want to get an abscess sad

Geocentric Fri 05-Jun-09 12:31:42

They rebuild it - I had the same happen. Its easy and pretty quick.

LadyOfWaffle Fri 05-Jun-09 12:34:07

I have to go to a special place to be sedated as I am a wuss... Dunno if I have to be referred again by my dentist though . Does it cost alot? Or do I get it free as DS is 9m? I feel really minging somehow, like I have rotten teeth blush Serves me right for eating rock hard rice krispie cakes leaning into the fridge! blush

GentlyDidIt Fri 05-Jun-09 12:34:17

Hello, yes it can be sorted. I lost about a third of a molar a few years back. Dentist told me to come in as an emergency. It took about 25 minutes to drill a bit and then rebuild the tooth. All sorted within 24 hours.

Hope you get a quick result, too. Definitely go quickly while it's an easier job.

LadyOfWaffle Fri 05-Jun-09 15:22:07

Thankyou, trying to sort an appointment now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now