Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Popping sounds

(5 Posts)
joannalucy Mon 09-May-05 12:46:51

I am 38 weeks pregnant (almost there!) and have just started to notice little popping sounds coming from down near my pelvis area. My midwife has never heard of this before ... Has anyone else experienced it or know what it means? I'm not really worried; just curious; it doesn't hurt. It seems to happen when the baby moves - and may be my bones shifting a bit. At first I thought it might be my waters breaking, but it's not. Any ideas gratefully received!

starlover Mon 09-May-05 12:50:36

I have never had this, but I do remember another thread on it on here! Try doing a search perhaps... might bring it up!

emeraldefmach Mon 09-May-05 18:26:50

I have definitely heard of this but I do not know the reason for it. Ask on the pregnancy group.

spykid Mon 09-May-05 18:29:02

I had something siilar, thought poor bubba was dislocating his joints!
mw told me it was probably the amniotic fluidbeing sloshed around,made sense and ds was fine.

joannalucy Tue 10-May-05 14:11:21

Thanks for your messages - I guess it's just the fluid moving then and other random weird stuff that just happens when we're pregnant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now