Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

spots in hair - very sore, how to treat?

(4 Posts)
katz Thu 04-Jun-09 19:59:50

anyone know? i have several spots through my scalp, mainly on the sides and at the back, they are really sore, not changed shampoo, hair was last dyed ages ago - so any suggestions?

plus hoe to treat it?

WizardNoHeart Thu 04-Jun-09 21:11:10

I get these now and again, normally when very busy or stressed - I use the T-Gel sensitive when I get them and though it doesn't work immediately it doesn't irritate them further or make them flare up more.

I have started taking a multivitamin too which seems to be helping so far [fingers crossed]

I dye my huge grey streak every few months grin and this doesn't appear to have an effect on whether I get them or not.

katz Thu 04-Jun-09 21:40:02

thanks - maybe a multivit is the answer

whomovedmychocolate Thu 04-Jun-09 21:43:43

Try Vosene - I don't know why this works, but it does when I have this problem.

How to treat it - keep the hair clean, but don't put products in it - you need to give it as much air as possible - don't tie hair up if it's long - keep your head cool (no hats). Launder your pillows. Massaging the scalp can help them disappate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now